torsdag 31 mars 2011

the first hemp

My first contact with hemp fabric
A few years ago I got the idea of making a natural bean bag, the way Fatboy successfully had done, but now made of breathing (and non static electric!), ecologically produced nice materials. I fell for hemp - it grows like weed (literally...) without fertilizers and pesticides, makes a strong fiber (used in rope since centuries) and nice fabric in many qualities. There is no Swedish hemp fabric, but I found eco hemp at Ecolution in Rumania...
...and here is the first sample I received, marked with the type name "Brod". To be added to the chair.

And the product that we since then make from hemp, the Flour Fellows

This is what the fabric looks like in the final product,
Flour Fellow by Green Furniture Sweden

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar