fredag 1 april 2011

#3, something baggy

Hemp fabric 'Brod' from Ecolution
What: Test fabric part of 'Brod' - hemp fabric from Ecolution.
Size: 140x50cm

How: I still fold from the two long sides, but now a little bit wider then the grid (it's nice if it 'flows over' the grid a little bit when weaving) forming an app 6cm wide, 140cm long, flat band of fabric with a slot/pocket on one side where the band can be inserted into itself on the bottom side. 140 cm was a little bit to much, I cut of some 10 cm before inserting the last end.

Reflection: This was a lot better! Easier with an even fabric, and I did not tighten as hard this time. The hemp is of course as far from elastic as anything can be - elastic I think would have been even easier and given an even  nicer flow line. But I am satisfied with this one! Now to look for more colour!
...and choosing, weaving and remembering is actually lots of fun!!!

the hemp part and one of the jean legs. Here you can also see that the frame I got (a test from the grid factory) has an extra enforcement in the middle which actually is not needed - I'll have to think of a way of making that one disappear visually... 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar