torsdag 31 mars 2011

#1 and 2, first weaving

One leg of the pair of jeans
What: My favorite but worn out jeans. Size 32/36. Light yellow/green-blueish.

How: Cut into two pieces. On the second piece I removed a pocket to make a thinner ending. The length was just right for going from left to right and back again which makes a very good attachment. I fold the weft (the woven fabric) so that it makes a pocket on the bottom side and press the ends into the pocket (Oh, that sounded complicated, I think I need to make a photo of this some time...).

Reflection: Somewhat thin maybe... It's nice if the fabric 'flows over' the grid a little bit sidewise when weaving - the jeans could have been larger - not slim fit :-)  - and I could have folded them to a wider band (now I tried matching the grid size of 5 cm). Maybe I could even have use both legs together and than have cut off part of the waste where there is more fabric?

Weaving. I cut of the label and pushed it in afterwards,
we'll see how it goes with its coming neighbors 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar